DESIGN IDEAS: Omani Bedroom (traditional or traditional contemporary) pt. 1

Now I was tragically disapointed when it turned out the Muscat villa we are building, as a compromise (its a twin villa) had to be European in flavour ----or, otherwise, ugh, modern---yuck (soooooooooo not me). So I am really happy with the fact that I might get to start designing hotel rooms in a local hotel in a very traditional style. The style should reflect the traditional architecture (palm frond roof, mud brick, sarooj plaster ect), and also, the fact that in the local area, few pieces of furniture were traditionally used. Mats and carpets and cushions on the floor for bedding, pegs in the wall to hang clothes, ect... but still, the room has to be completely functional from a traveller's perspective---with a dash of luxury. The only type of bed type furniture really traditional in Oman are these beds, pictured below {mosquitoe neeting is a must for the hotel in question}:
...But they are a tad bit large for most of the rooms, and more from Muscat region or Zanzibar ect... common in Portuguese built forts, ect... So I thought I'd take a little inspiration from Greece and Morocco in how to obtain a little functionality combined with Omani simplicity:
Since some of the rooms are small but I insist that everyone should have a private bath, this deisgn below might work:
Anyways, palm frond side tables, and mandoos (studded boxes) also must be incorporated, along with Omani pottery and textiles. Lighting was always kerosene lamps, so I'll think of way to go on that... And colour can be incorporated, as many houses in smaller villages such as Jebel Ackdar, were painted, although the hotel's owner probably prefers natural neutrals. We'll see. I'd like each room to be unique.
 I love the grand idea of mosquitoe net draping and a canopy as shown below, but Moroccan arches are far too grand for us;):
And some of the rooms (like above) have wall feature that were meant for placing lanterns or books ect... which can be used as a design feature such as a headboard (less elaborate of course, than most Moroccan grand hotels). I like the Arabesque arrangement (below) of simple white cotton pillows:
Anyways... sharing my design ideas for now. Better get back to present projects. Totally not on the interior design phase of the hotel yet... Ugh. Paperwork. Permissions. Construction and contractors...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This Blog is interesting. Call and enquire forbest attestation services
in Qatar & Oman. Call Us : 00974 6616 6884, 00968 9283 8340
Attestation
Email Us : enquiry@newindiaattestation.com

Unknown said...

This Blog is interesting. Call and enquire for best attestation services
in Qatar & Oman. Call Us : 00974 6616 6884, 00968 9283 8340
Attestation
Email Us : enquiry@newindiaattestation.com

Isabella Lucas said...

My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

Krishan said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. Visit a xero degrees cafe if you are looking for good food near you.

Post a Comment