Who says we have no choices in abayas;)?: Latifah Al Shamsi

I always laugh when anyone asks me do I struggle to wear abaya everyday. Absolutely not. It gives me fashion freedom underneath (can you my expat lady friends, go walking down the street in a mini skirt and not be stared at?---well under my abaya I can).It is also less hot (in quality fabric) than layering other clothes to be more modest, and to be honest, flatters all figures, x-plus, to minute. I still find the ability to make as many different outfits as anybody else, and it can take me less than 5 minutes to run to the door and look polished to all outside appearences. Check out www.latifalshamsi.wordpress.com to see what kind of options this fashionista has in her closet. All photos belong to her, and mashaAllah, she has great style and the means to it (and a thing for Birkens & kelly bags I totally get). I didn't even post 1/6 of her amazing style, and if you want to know about eating in Emirates, and other girlie goodies, she has some great entry suggestions. I am summer-blog-lovin' her.

No comments:

Post a Comment