Designer Abayas: the latest collection from Arabesque

I have never made a secret of my love and devotion to the Arabesque brand of abayas. I will even venture to Abu Dhabi (which I have no great love or affection for) to go to the Abu Dhabi mall [when I can afford to splurge] for Judith's timelessly beautiful and chic creations. [The only other thing worth seeing in that mall is Abu Haleeqa, which I have a soft spot for because they make shaylas embroidered with stawberries and kiwis, and had pretty awesome traditional Emirati wedding thobes last time I was in]. This year though, the collection reminds me more of New York chic than Parisian glamour. Nothing wrong with that of course. The two images below this post? Very Narcisco Rodriguez, like a sleek and sporty evening gown. Of course, the abayas featured towards the end of the post, feature Arabesque-brand-iconic french lace, which you have to touch in person to appreciate the quality of it. But my fave pic of the season? The first abaya featured above. It is the Prada suit of abayas. That would suit many a boardroom business meeting in Muscat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment