The Shiekh Zayed Palace Museum in UAE

Now I personally found out the timings forthis Museum through this blog http://khaleejia.blogspot.com/2012/08/seikh-zayed-palace-museum-pics.html#comment-form and all pictures are credited to the author of that website:). So just follow the link to know more details about visiting, such as the museum's own website and official visiting times (and more photos).
In case you didn't know it, Sheikh Zayed is the man who united the United Arab Emirates. And as much as Omanis I have known don't like alot of things about UAE, most of them really respect Sheikh Zayed (who passed away while my family was in UAE and everything stopped for a week as people were honestly utterly devastated).

I personally find all GCC traditional architecture to be very practical and beautiful in terms of being perfectly adapted to the climate. UAE takes alot of influence from Gulf building methods a little from Persian design.
Many of the wealthy owned four poster beds made in either the Portuguese or Zanzibari style.
Cooking area.
My favourite room. I like the majlis cushions embroidered in the traditional Emirati style.

No comments:

Post a Comment