Watching TV in Oman at 3 am- in pictures

I haven't posted in a bit because I have been kind of ill. And there is only one OPNO girl in Oman right now, the rest are outta country studying or working alas. Sorry. Due to my illness I have been watching alot of tv/or reading. But really, my remote control sucks, and they turned Fox Series into a dubbed Arabic version of everything I used to watch. It should be easy to go to English on the Audio options on the remote, but my remote doesn't seem to have audio options, alas. You try watching "Glee" in an Egyptian accent. Really, really hurts. So I guess I still have MBC action, and Dubai One, and the English Islamic chanel Huda, but everything else is in Arabic for me, or some slasher/and/or alien movie. And at 3 am, after you've slept the whole day from being sick, your TV options in Oman are really, really limited, to men screaming Arabic poetry at racing camels......Some English movie that has played six times already in the last 2 days, and random browsing. I have taken to playing with my camera phone out of sheer boredom, photographing anything from Arabic music channels (I like this chick's makeup- and her swimming pool): To period soap operas (yep) that I do not have the language skills to understand (but I do have the experience in Arab culture to get the cultural things I see):Example above: early AC.Bridal gold. A traditional wedding ceremony. Old oven.
And Arabic nature documentaries: TV in Oman at 3 am. As brought to you by OPNO. This post could have been funny but I have no wit when I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment