I cut my own hair... and it really doesn't look bad at all

I did it. I cut my hair. I cut it on my own too. I've had enough of salons giving me crazy layers when I say I just want a trim. Of giving every single girl the "typical Arab girl" haircut, layered, long sliding bangs across the forehead. That's really not me.

I gave myself bangs. Late 1940s Pixie bangs. I have completely managed to tuck them into my headscarf without pins as they are short and don't need pinning back. My hair cut basically looks like the photo above. People have been coming up to me for years saying I look like Audrey Hepburn so I said, why fight it [even though I say I am more a Leslie Caron type]? My makeup regime has been reduced to simple liquid eyeliner and a neutral lipstick. Very Oman and abaya&shayla friendly.


It's a bit vintagey for Muscat but I am happy. It was a. free, b. easy to do, and c. looks totally like it suits me. I guess that makes it a success even though my friends have a saying that cutting one's own hair definately marks one out as a cheapskate. I don't care. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment