A Post About My Shopping Adventure to City Center

To be honest, I got mall-ed out from some time spent in a brief attempt at living in Abu Dhabi. So I don't really go to the mall in Oman to hang out unless I need something, or I am going to dinner at Chilis. I avoid Carrefoure, unlike most Western expats, unless I am trying to buy lime flavored tortilla chips to eat with salsa. I buy an abaya once or twice a year from Hanayen or Al Motahajaba. Most of my clothes are tailored but I admit, I like Mango for myself, and Monsoon for sweet little girls clothes ect. But I was going to buy a garden pavillion from Carrefoure. I really wanted to makeover my garden area ASAP. So the plan was to buy the garden pavillion, linen curtains for it, et all, then maybe some cushions from Homecenter in Centerpoint, and some garden lamps, and those Morrocan tables that come with Morrocan tea glasses (because I am a mint tea fiend). Well, I went to get the pavillion tent (cuz my yard needs some shade) and there was a sign with the price so of course, I asked for someone to get me one. But alas, there are none in stock. Which is fine, but you know, why not have a sign near the price SAYYYYYYING THAT. Cuz I was, like, debating with myself how much money to spend, and what to buy, and really, that could have saved me, like an hour of my life wasted standing, staring at the garden/camping section in Carrefoure.

Since I wouldn't mind driving to Qu'rum or even Sohar to get one, I asked the store phone and check if the other stores had one in stock. The staff person said they didn't. Of course, when I was IN Sohar a day later (but without my money or bank card go figure) they DID have one in stock. So no one bothered to check. AWESOME.

They did have some cute plastic chairs that were not ugly as most plastic chairs tend to be (and with bench cushions from Centerpoint, looked totally chic) I was slightly cheered, that and lime tortilla chips with old el Paso salsa. Ahhh yes... shopping in Oman.

No comments:

Post a Comment