Why Blogger Blue Abaya Recommends Oman as a Travel Destination from KSA

Layla: "IMHO the world's most hospitable people are the Omanis. I have never felt so welcomed and my every need and wish catered to than in Oman. Some examples of the Omani people's character: I traveled here alone so I felt a bit awkward at times as a female in an Arab country. However I was not harassed once! One time as I was collecting small pink seashells from the beach a group of young Omani boys came to help me. After we had gathered a large amount I thanked them and being accustomed to the thought of little boys only doing such arduous jobs for money thought to myself, they surely want to get paid now! As I was handing over some cash for them to go buy ice cream they all firmly refused. I was insisting but they declined and smiled and told me it was a gift. I thought it was the perfect example how Omanis don't see tourists as only walking money machines but as honored guests to their beautiful country.Oman has many places worth seeing, the capital Muscat has a mystical feel to it and it's nothing like the other busy, crowded and materialistic GCC countries. The country is full of interesting historical sites and amazing landscapes. Oman is one of the few places in the world where tourists can be 100% sure to be able to watch sea turtles come to shore to lay their eggs. Beach destination Salalah is worth a mention as well.- review taken from this post http://blueabaya.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-10-travel-destinations-from-saudi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment