DAILY DIARY: dinner at the lost city

 "Ubhar" is the mythical lost city this particular Bareeq Al Shatti restaurant is named after. Nothing here is lost though. The decor, the atmosphere, the menu, all are those little things that make me love living in Oman. We come here when we are not very hungry. Because the food makes you hungry. I mean, not that it doesn't satisfy, but if you start with just one appetizer it will leave you craving more.
I will post a few food photos later. We did eat. I had the Sultan Salad with Tandoori chicken and Marrakesh harira soup to start. I was craving Moroccan from the outset of our restaurant hunt and this was a good compromise. MOP had shrimp and the dried lime tea. The tea was so simple and yet so delish.
 Anyone who knows me knows that I survive purely on drinking Omani cardamon spiced "qahwa" which I am heavily addicted to. At Ubhar, it is complimentary.
We thought (mainly myself) to have Frankinsence icecream, knowing MOP would actually like icercream if it was date-flavoured and topped with dried apricot and crushed nuts and a splash of espresso. But then, I was sick from a cold and destined to walk along the beach in Al Shatti, [which was soooooooooooooooo cold that was cut short] so another shot [aka finjan---those Arabic porcelain coffee cups] was all we had before parting. Perfect night.

No comments:

Post a Comment