the Omani blogosphere gets a smackdown review from Muscat Jet Driver

MJD is back http://www.muscatjetdriver.blogspot.com/2013/05/cant-keep-quiet-anymore.html and even though the OPNO blog gets a scathing review I still am pleased because we need JD.

K, so mainly this blog has always been written to the whims of the OPNO girls. Some moved here on a whim. It has always been about what we enjoy, Omani culture, clothes, food, traditional dress, architecture and scenery, and some personal experiences. So JD's words of :  ""How To Live Like An Omani Princess" - you have ceased to blog. You now run the equivalent of an online photo album of people in houses and abayas! Get a grip. Blog." are not at all off base. But I do think our blog is always a bit random. We have spats of a lot to say, and some of it matters. And spats of, life is so stressful let's just indulge in some eye-candy. I checked our archives, it's always been like that.

Maybe we need to recruit some new OPNO girls? Our lives have calmed down from early days. Life as an Omani girl is pretty simple. New expat's blog like http://theduncanadventures.blogspot.com/ can be more interesting as everything is new about Oman and something worth saying. 

And often sadly, the news that we do hear of these days worth writing can land one in jail for "slander" for naming the names of a thief with wasta ect... so. Why not abays and pretty houses;).

I, of course wish http://otheroman.blogspot.com/ Other Oman was still around in Muscat. I loved her writing and understanding of both Omani and expat perspective--- with a comedic twist. I'd love to be able to write like that. Reality is, I am just not that funny whenever I try to be. I can explain an absolutely funny and ironic situation in absolutely the dullest way possible.

Anyways, I always value JD's keen eye, and hope he writes more. We bloggers all deserve (except Gucci maybe) what he's said about us. Mr. Steve and Suburban , the Dragon, and Sythe are the old guard of Oman's expat bloggers and their writing and skill at breaking stories at the level of, say four years ago, is missing from the current blogosphere. Not my fault though, as I never considered our blog to be to that level, lol. Because we use LOL. No good or professional blogger should do that.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment