Online shoe shopping, as I really hate shoe shopping. I could shop for hours for handbags, abayas, fashion in general, but something disgusts me about shoe stores, all those women, swapping pairs and what else.... at least in lingerie stores they don't let women take off their knickers right? Anyways, since I really hate the process, and every brand and every style seems to fit differently, and I take forever and find nothing I like, and usually buy five pairs of the same shoe when I do find one that I DO like, my husband suggested I actually invest in something good quality. I once upon a time had a pair of black patent-leather Jimmy Choos that lasted me forever [until they met my two year old and played dress up]. Ralph Lauren alligator ballet flats seemed indestructible as well. So I came up with a list of shoes last night that I actually like, with prices in Omani rials (yes, some are quite an investment and others are to be worn only once). Some brands I already know my size, but it appears prices are better online than Dubai mall soooo...
And randomly, I really want a laser-cut abaya. If I buy Mutrah souq, I can splurge on designer shoes. If I buy Mauzan... I can have Mauzan;). Also, online leastways, Mango is having a sale, and net-a-porter.com has free shipping on almost every item I CANNOT afford. If you blame me for not reading qu'ran or something, know that I have been doing that, but Arabic is not my first language, and I find reading it hard. Plus everyone kept dragging me Eid shopping, and I didn't even bother to get anything much made this year, so images of all the dresses I have encountered dance like sugarplums (or mamoul and Turkish delight or cheap sugary fosters custards and jellos) in my head. Except the floral+leopard print ones or overly crystalized cuffs of the village dresses I am actually expected to wear. Can always keep a nice abaya on though;)

No comments:

Post a Comment