TWO OMANIS IN: Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland

Navan was the biggest town near to where we were staying in Newgrange, so on the way to the tourist site of Tara, we stopped off here to buy a SIM card, some credit, and for me to stock up on socks from the TESCO. We hadn't intended a tour of the town but I am glad we stopped here since I am a fan of the "Red Branch" section of Irish literature and the heroric saga of "the cattle raid of cooley". This town has a giant sculpture of a bull, due to the place reference in the story.

It really was a lovely little town. My husband bought salmon, I bought cheese, we browsed some antique stores, and hunting goods suppliers, and then carried on our merry way to Tara. Thank God/Allah for GPS though. Signage along the way after we left Navan SUCKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment