Gulf-Style Long Hair

I have never gone to a beauty salon for my hair, exceptions being other people's weddings. I wore a headscarf for my wedding. I am not a hair person. Getting oil treatments, blow-outs, expensive products, making hair masks of mayonaise or coconut or olive oil----that's definately not me. I wish it were, but honestly, I don't even brush my hair every day (you would be hard pressed to if you were me, and you had my length of hair + a job + kids). I used to cut my hair into a pixie cut. My Omani husband hates that style on me, so what is a girl woman to do but either not give damn, when lets face it, he wear musayrs (Oman men's turban) for me since I don't love the much-easier-Omani kuma on him...or grow it out.
I live in a land where the normal length of hair is waist length. If it is shorter, it is stylishly cut into layers or curled, and extremely shiny with an oil/dandruf free gleam that I envy. Who has time to do all that I wonder? And how do they do it?... Since every Omani girl I know has gorgeous (mashaAllah) hair. Think of Dubai fashion blogger, Zubaida Jacob, or Princess Ameera of Saudi Arabia.
Albeit, wearing a headscarf does make it easier to grow your hair out. I've nevr had a problem achieving growth. Even if like 90 percent of my hair falls out I'll still have enough. Protection from harmful UV rays, no need for over-styling... No pressure to dye this shade or that. But to keep it looking lovely?
How do you do it dear Gulf Girls/Banaat Al Khaleej--- who read my blog--- although it is written in English? Besides going to the salon for oil treatments (since let's face it, I'll never get around to doing that). Any suggestions?
I read once that Zubaida said keep in a braid and use a certain oil once in a while. But once in a while is not that clear...
So, I am clueless. I can have a messy bun, a frensh twist, anything in an up-do, but keeping shiny healthy long hair... seems impossible. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment