OOTD+abaya: fishing for compliments

Okay, so I knew when I bought it, this abaya would be trouble. It gets caught on the zipper of my purse, tangled in my daughter's hair, and every thorn bush and office chair in Oman already has it in for my abayas. So of course, a laser-cut arabesque design is just asking to be snagged and torn. However, beauty has its consequences, and I was hooked, and so it became mine. I call it my "fishing for compliments" look for casual occasions. My father calls it "why on earth would you wear that to the beach---you're going to ruin it" abaya. But I wore it to the beach today in Seeb, and yeah, it still hangs in my closet, despite a run in with puppies and some fishing line.
I like to wear it with an oversized (because I carry not just my own life, but three other people's in my handbag: my daughter's diapers +toys, my husband's keys that he isn't aware yet that he's lost again, and binders of stuff my boss wants me to read) handbag in a salmon shade.
My shoes, which M calls my "fairytale" shoes, are what I call my "fishy shoes", since they are as silver as fishscales, and cost only 3 OMR so I can wear them to the beach or the stinky old fish souq;). In case one is curious, the abaya is from "pretty" in Al Bahja Mall 52 OMR, the handbag is Susen 12 OMR, and the shoes are from Rameez. I already told you the price, in case someone can't read and asks. Jewelry is a gift from my sister.
All photos were taken along Seeb Corniche, Muscat region, Sultanate of Oman, with a very cheap super-crappy cellphone camera (surrounded by loving family whom I shall miss, and true friends) to annoy my rather-offended-by-that anonymous hater;P :). I hope all those people out there not filled with jealousy, hate, spite, or other crap, have a beautiful, lovely weekend, filled with sunshine, friends, family, and whatever else your heart desires. Peace out. Love from this particular OPNO contributer.

No comments:

Post a Comment