Latest Designs from Malaak

Friends and I were discussing the creativity of Malaak's designs last season. It was stated that the one-off of the shoulder pads and studs (worn by fashion blogger Latifa Al Shamsi and that Emirati-Egyptian chick on 20-something) was something feirce, albeit, not for us personally. Or, many body types that our minds could imagine. Like I've blogged before, Malaak is like, the Balenciaga of abayaat. This season, shoulder pads remained extreme. I like it in some of the designs though I could not wear them myself, and in others, a bad 80s powersuit flashback came to me, and also, horrifying polyester shoulder-padded jilbab monstrousities of internet purchases in the past when Islamic designers were scarce and all that was available was Jordanian granny-wear. Thankfully, Malaak is not granny wear, even for those of us who are not skilled in all trends. When I made inqueries, all designs were available without shoulder pads. So congrats to MALAAK who are now in SAKS in Dubai ;). Gorgeous display. I like this one best;) albeit, I'd order it sans shoulder pads for I am no Latifa;):

No comments:

Post a Comment