Eid Mubarak Everyone

Eid Mubarak everyone just in case there's no posts (as there are likely not to be).
Usually every Eid OPNO packs her bags for the village but this year I am staying home and planning a Muscat Eid. And wouldn't you too, if you lived in the Al Athaiba beach villa pictured above? [Only 1200 a month rent LOL and it's kitchen and baths don't compare to the veiw;p].
Above and below, veiw of Ghubrah Lake Park beach in Al Athaiba from aformetioned rental villa.

I am planning on forgoing shua this year for my own homemade faves (I shall miss the breakfast harees and mishakeek though I'll probably have a barbecue of my own the beach).
No, I don't actually live here;p
Can't have a decent Eid Al Adha without the Eid prayer first thing in the morning. Well, actually you apparently can because most women in Muscat don't seem to know that Muslims [including ladies] are supposed to go for the Eid prayer and listen to the accompanying lecture in our religion of Islam but hey we do get to go shopping and buy new clothes whether or not we remember why we started doing this in the first place;).
Also, can't have Eid Al Dha without the sacrifice. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
Me, personally I like to go to Mutrah. I don't know why but Mutrah is always like a fairytale for me and I ladddy-da and day dream about the days when Persian merchants daughters fanned themselves in sunrooms facing the harbour... I have an active painter's imagination.... Horribly historically inaccurate.
I'll probably head to Qantab for a swim or the sea and sky and a barbecue of my own. I will attempt my own mishakeek flavoured with tumeric and kiwi as I am told those are the secret ingredients that I have always missed in getting the flavours just right. How will you spend your Eid in Oman or in lands far and away?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment