The proposed Muscat Cultural Center

The proposed Muscat Cultural Center will be built [still looking to find out exactly where to figure out for myself if the plan included required parking and traffic ect...] is scheduled to include a National Library [which I have been waiting for forever] set to contain up to 5 million books, a National Archives [totally required because of the state some of Oman's most important publications and documents were in--- the last five years ago I saw some of the storage premises but I know the Minsistry of Heritage has been working on conservation of late since the old Minister left I guess], and a National Theatre (which houses a thousand seats) [didn't really think we needed this but cool right?].

---I was more hoping for a national museum like the Royal British Museum or the Royal British Columbia Museum, or the New York Museum of Natural History/combined ect... kind of like a Balboa park via San Diego kind of idea for the proposed cultural center (since I heard a national botony park was in the works also somehow). Natural history, archeological history, modern history, and art, housed in one place for central Muscat WOULD be AWESOME for the capital, yes?

However, disapointed as I am for the future career paths of Omani archeologists and anthropologists without a proper Museum, the center WAS the idea of the Ministry of Culture and Heritage (lovely people there), there will also be four other buildings. These will be: a children's library, cinema (yes, IMAX, please IMAX), gallery and workshop, litterary society headquarters (yes), and a lecture hall (as well as retail facilities to target our tourists). To quote the project development company, Mace, appointed to run this development, "Landscaping will comprise the lavish Oasis Fruit Garden which will accommodate 1100 palm trees, 750 fruit trees and 32,500 smaller trees and shrubs." And about the center Mace says "Due to the centre’s high profile it will act as a dedicated vibrant space to collect, preserve and display live and historic contemporary arts and culture in Oman. It will also aim to be a hub that will link local and international knowledge and cultural industries to help develop Oman’s cultural scene."
 So all that is great for Omani writers, artists, conservationists, musicians, and hopefully, traditional craftspersons, and linguists (Oman has some dying languages to preserve--- or at the very least, to document).

The architecture is, I believe, by AS Architecture studio. The project is set to be managed and cost-managed by Mace (hope they are good), but I have NO IDEA who in the Ministry is exactly in charge of monitoring the project (hope HM Qaboos follows this one as well as he did the Grand Mosque and the Opera house). That means I also have no idea when its deadline is, who the construction companies are on it, the contractor, ect... If anyone knows, please let me know, via the comments box of this post or by email.

Well, the architects did a great job didn't they?: So let's hope it gets built {on time and on budget and without scandal ;) }

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This Blog is interesting. Call and enquire for best attestation services
in Qatar & Oman. Call Us : 00974 6616 6884, 00968 9283 8340
Attestation
Email Us : enquiry@newindiaattestation.com

Isabella Lucas said...

My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

Post a Comment